Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What Else to Do But Organize...

On winter days like this, right? I've officially hit the cabin fever blahs. I took the built up aggrevation and started going through the house trying to purge junk, organize the rest and work to rejuvenate what's left. Spent yesterday working on making our entryway a little more functional..or kid friendly. Trying to teach the boys that shoes and coats actually DO have a place! Is this even possible?! Added a bench, some cubbies, bins and a few things I think are special.

I got a wild hair at nap time today and started painting the kitchen. I'm probably the only person in the world that finds painting a room theraputic. I'm sure it will take many more nap time's to complete, but I'm going to test myself on how well I'm doing with patience. (News Years Resolution!) Hoping that the groundhog is on my side and spring arrives soon. My tired body needs warmth and sun and the smell of grass and flowers.

1 comment:

Heidi Ho said...

1Hey! I understand this post completely. My situation is too much work and not enough organization time.

I want to have a girl day at my house some time soon. I will let you know when I figure it out. Kids or no kids....food, drink, and breathing time. That's the goal. Getting close to this guy getting here and all that comes with that. That scares me. : )